Tuesday, December 27, 2011

on summer days

I drew the Sun card from the gorgeous Tarot of the Thousand and One Nights this morning.  It was a fitting card because today where I am was an uncomfortably hot day.  The humidity was so high it was like I was swimming through the air.  All that could be done was to sit and wait and hope for a storm to cool things down.


We never did get the storm, but as it now approaches dusk, the air begins to cool.  When I look at this card I get a sense of peace, calm and tranquility.  But, like the image above, it is the setting sun that provides some respite from the heat of the day.  During the peak of the sun one can simply be still and do nothing, it's just too hot to exert any effort at all.  Ironic that the sun can slow us down and the darkness can get things moving.  Life on this side of the world can indeed feel very upside down.

No comments:

Post a Comment