Wednesday, March 14, 2012

on food and tarot

I have to be honest and say that I'm spending a lot less time with tarot these days than I used to as I've been somewhat preoccupied with other things.  I have rekindled an old passion for cooking which has come as rather a surprise to me.  I thought about starting a family cookbook but my daughter encouraged me to start a food blog instead.  The result is called tao belly for those of you who may be interested.

Inspired by food I thought I'd take a look at food imagery in tarot.  So far I've come up with the following but I may add to it as I find more.


The Seven of Disks from the Ancestral Path Tarot was the first to come to mind.  I love this card and the imagery really does inspire one to cook using wonderful fresh produce.

The Wheel of Change Tarot, which unfortunately I don't own a copy of has similar imagery on its Seven of Disks as well.

I'm definitely not a 'baker' as such but the Magician from the Vanessa Tarot is rather cute.

The Seven of Cups from the Chinese Tarot is another one I like.  Just imagining all the wonderful types of food possibilities starts to make your mouth water.


The Nine of Cups from the Druidcraft Tarot shows a man sitting down to a feast of salmon, alone it would seem, or perhaps he is waiting for his guests to arrive.  Let's hope the fish doesn't get cold.

The Wheel of Change Princess of Disks is a reminder of where our food comes from.

The Herbal Tarot shows herbs on all its cards.  Here the Eight of Pentacles shows ginger, a favourite of mine.

2 comments:

  1. I like your themed tarot cards posts (like this or the sheep one)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm glad you like them. I find them fun to do because it's a bit like a treasure hunt. It also gives me a good excuse to look through decks I haven't got out in awhile.

    ReplyDelete