Thursday, March 8, 2012

on full moons and sleepless nights

Tonight is a full moon and I find myself unable to sleep.  I am always in awe of the power the moon seems to have over us and it is on the full moon that I notice this most accutely.  Lying in bed seemed futile and so I thought a little parade of moon cards might help me nod off.


The card above is from the Ancestral Path deck and I absolutely love the imagery.  This is how the moon feels to me tonight, a reminder of how small and insignificant the twists and turns of our own lives are in comparison to the cycles of this glowing orb.
 

Above are cards from the Hermetic and Ukiyoe decks.


While not a full moon, the Roots of Asia Tarot is a beautiful image.


Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot shows the moon in a style that reminds me of stained glass.  The Morgan Greer card also seems to have the same luminous quality.


 In the Medieval Scapini deck we see Luigi Scapin's surreal vision depicted.


Both the Dotti and Druidcraft decks show the dogs howling at the Moon. 


Finally, the Moon from the Housewives tarot which I included in my post about counting sheep, provides a depiction of what I'm aiming for myself.....finally drifting off to sleep while the full moon smiles down from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment